SUBSYS is the Only Non-Ionized Fentanyl in a Form Ready for Absorption
This unique compact single-unit fentanyl spray device delivers 0.1mL of an oral solution.
SUBSYS is formulated to be dispersed over the broad permeable sublingual mucosa.
There is no need for disintegration, dissolution or pH adjustment after dosing.
SUBSYS contains xylitol, a natural sugar-free sweetener that:
- Does not promote dental caries
- Does not require insulin to be metabolized
Patients Should Follow These Necessary Steps for Taking SUBSYS
SUBSYS is a unique spray technology formulated to be sprayed underneath the tongue for absorption of fentanyl across the sublingual mucosa. SUBSYS is conveniently administered in seconds.How to use video
SELECTED IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Warnings and Precautions
- Serious, life-threatening, or fatal respiratory depression has been reported with the use of opioids, even when used as recommended. Respiratory depression, if not immediately recognized and treated, may lead to respiratory arrest and death. While serious, life-threatening, or fatal respiratory depression can occur at any time during the use of SUBSYS, the risk is greatest during the initiation of therapy or following a dosage increase.
- In cancer patients with mucositis, exposure to SUBSYS was greater than in patients without mucositis. For patients with Grade 1 mucositis, the increased maximum serum concentration and overall exposure requires closer monitoring for respiratory depression and central nervous system depression, particularly during initiation of therapy with SUBSYS
- For patients with Grade 2 mucositis or higher, avoid the use of SUBSYS unless the benefits outweigh the potential risk of respiratory depression from increased exposure